Walmart says it was a security flaw; local law enforcement says, "all hell broke loose," it was a mob mentality; a young woman at the end of this clip says somebody lost their life because of a stupid Black Friday sale, which was not even going to last all day. And me? Of course, you're desperate to know what I say:
It's us. It's not an economic slump, or even a recession. It's a disease in our culture. What does it say about us that Walmart blames itself for not keeping crowds from trampling its employees? What is it in our culture that has made us this way? Consumerism, materialism, capitalism, fear, greed, stupidity, love? Do you love your family so much that you would trample someone to death just so you could buy their holiday gifts five minutes early?
I hope that's not love.
1 comment:
I was absolutely appalled when I heard about this. I will never shop black Friday.
Post a Comment